When choosing a martial art school for you or your child, there are several questions that you should ask yourself:
- Does the instructor come across like a "pushy salesperson"? You are searching for an education, not a used car. You shouldn't feel pressured into joining. Stay clear of "pushy salesperson" instructors. Our school allows you to take all the information home to discuss with your family before making any decisions. We want to answer all of your questions so you can make the right choice for you and your family.
- Does the martial art style contain all the elements that I am looking for? Kuk Sool offers in depth training on so many aspects of martial arts including Weapons, Joint Locking, Pressure Points, Traditional Forms, Acrobatics, Sparring, Throwing Techniques, and more. Kuk Sool does not cover Ground Techniques. Brazilian Jiu JItsu offers a specialized focus on Ground Techniques / Grappling. These two systems combined offers the complete package.
- Do I feel welcome? Get a feel for the atmosphere at the school. Talk to other students or parents. See what they have to say about the classes and instructors. Read some of the testimonies from students.
- Do I know who will be teaching the classes? The school may be owned by a high ranking master, but is that person going to be teaching the class? Find out who will actually be teaching the classes. At our Martial Art Center, the school owner personally teaches and oversees all of the classes, because he is passionate about what his students are learning.
- Is the instructor actively learning and training? This may not seem very important at first, but once you or your child has reached black belt, this becomes extremely important. If your instructor is not actively studying and growing personally, then how will they teach you after you or your child reach black belt? Many times, students find that once they get their black belt at such schools, their learning slows down to a stop and all that is left for them is the same old exercises over and over again. We have a standardized systems in place that ensure your instructor will continue to learn so that you have the privilege of lifetime learning. Our Instructor travels on a regular basis to continue learning from his Instructors.
- Do I want my child to be like this instructor? This is one of the most important things to consider. This is the person that will be molding and shaping you or your child into the person you want to see. A martial arts instructor has a very influential role in each student's life. If you don't feel good about the instructor, then you don't want your child learning from him/her.